(Last updated on 13/01/2021)
1. Our Commitment
Privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy by collecting, processing, utilising and storing your personal information in a manner which is lawful, proper and transparent.
You hereby grant us permission to enter your cellular number onto our SMS database, if supplied to us by you, for the purpose of submitting promotional material.
3. What We Collect
The information which we collect from you is known as personal information. Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, contact telephone numbers (including mobile), e-mail and postal addresses, your prescription supplied by your optometrists and any other information which you provide to us on or via this website.
4. Purpose of Collection
We collect, process, use and store personal information in order to identify you; for online services; to process orders, instructions and requests; to analyse patterns and improve the content of this website and of our services; to conduct internal research; for marketing and promotional purposes; for statistical purposes; to compile your profile and in order to customise the website to better serve you, the user.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it is collected and no other purpose, unless permitted or required to do so by law.
5. Disclosure of Information
At no time do we sell, trade, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties, except as may be required of us by law or as permitted herein. If we are legally compelled to disclose your
personal information to a third party, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you thereof in advance, unless prohibited from doing so.
6. Your Right
You have the right to access and review your personal information held by us and to request that we update, correct or delete your personal information, at any time. Please contact our privacy officer on firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to exercise your rights in relation to your personal information.
7. Protection of Information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
When you use the services or facilities provided by us, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or personal identification number (PIN). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, password and/or personal identification number ('PIN').
8. Retention of Personal Information
We are permitted to retain your personal information for so long as is necessary in order to achieve the purpose for which we collect same. Having regard to the disclosed purposes for which we utilise information, it follows that we require continued use thereof.
Notwithstanding the aforesaid, we will immediately cease use of, and delete, your personal information should you request us to do so.
9. How to Contact U
Should you wish to contact us with a question or complaint regarding our collection, processing, use or storage of your personal information, please contact our privacy officer by sending an email to email@example.com .
You agree that we shall be entitled to send 'cookies' from this website to your computer. We use the word 'cookie' to refer to information that is sent from this website to your hard drive, where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on this website. In this way,
the next time you use this website we will know who you are and that you have visited this website before.
12. Third Party
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to this website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.
14. Applicable Law
EXPRESS INFORMED CONSENT
By confirming personal and medical aid details prior to an appointment all patients consent to the below:
- The Execuspecs optometric service provider using the personal information provided voluntarily by me on the patient service request form, as well as my clinical data from my consultation to the extent applicable and required for my optometric care and in particular:
- 1 to check that I am a member or beneficiary in good standing with my designated medical scheme, where applicable;
- 2 to check what my optometric benefits in terms of my medical scheme benefit option are;
- 3 to retain and disclose the clinical information obtained during consultation, and the diagnoses made, to me, my medical scheme, artificial intelligence provider, ophthalmologist or any other healthcare providers to the extent required or necessary for the review and assessment of my optometric care or general health needs;
- 4 to file a claim for optometric services provided and optometric appliances supplied to me with my medical scheme or insurer, if applicable;
- 5 to transfer and retain my personal information in electronic format on a central database with a third party provider locally or in a foreign country, subject to the same restrictions being imposed on and accepted by such third party provider and the necessary security measures being introduced to prevent unlawful access thereto;
- 6 to share my de-identified or anonymised personal and or clinical information with related entities of my Execuspecs optometric service provider within the KFML Group of Companies; to monitor web traffic; for statistical purposes; for promotions and for further clinical evaluation.
- I acknowledge that this consent may only be withdrawn on my express written request, where after my personal information may only be kept for prescribed statutory purposes and time limits. I further acknowledge that should I not give consent or withdraw consent, I will disallow other healthcare providers from collaborating efforts on protecting my optometric needs.
- My Execuspecs optometric service provider, its franchisor or related entities within the KFML Group of Companies shall maintain internationally accepted security standards to prevent unlawful access to my personal information disclosed to them or obtained during consultation with myself or other healthcare providers of my choice with whom they collaborate for purposes of my optometric care needs.